ASMI’s small group two-day intensive workshop designed is specifically for Sports, Rehabilitation and Pain Physicians and other clinicians who perform diagnostic MSK ultrasound investigations and associated MSK ultrasound guided interventions. The emphasis is on developing practical diagnostic scanning techniques, navigation skills and an understanding of normal and pathological sonographic patterns and appearances. The application of these diagnostic findings will achieve a wide range of safe, accurate and effective MSK ultrasound guided intervention outcomes.
The small group structure ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment utilising a mixture of didactic lecture tuition and real-time scanning techniques. High quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models, ensuring the consolidation of practical scanning skills.
- Basic Physics, ultrasound artifacts and instrumentation
- Probe manipulations techniques
- Image optimisation and documentation
- Sonographic appearances and grading of enthesopathy, tendinopathy, ligament tears and muscle injury
- Apperance of bone fractures
- We will also cover sonographic technique and image interpretation of the following areas and associated nerves:
- Ultrasound guided needle placement techniques utilising a range of phantom objects
- Tuition on a comprehensive range of upper and lower limb ultrasound guided MSK interventional procedures
Objectives: On completion of the course participants are expected to have:
- A Basic knowledge of ultrasound physics , artifacts and intrumentation
- Have the knowledge and skill to perform a basic diagnostic MSK ultrasound
- Be able to recognise common appearances of MSK pathology on ultrasound
- Understand the limitations of ultrasound in diagnosis soft tissue injuries
- Understand the complications in the normal healing process including fibrosis, calcification, infection and non-healing
- Understand disease processes of enthesopathy and tendonopathy
- Use ultrasound to assist their diagnosis
- Understand sonographic soft tissue injury grading and return to sport
- Recognise potential complications of rehabilitation
- Improved scanning skills and interventional techniques
This course is CCPU accredited. Registrants requiring CCPU accreditation should contact ASUM www.asum.com.au
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth Bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.