Accreditation: RACP CPD
A small group two-day intensive workshop designed specifically for Rehabilitation Physicians who perform muscle belly botulinum toxin injections and other ultrasound guided interventions. The emphasis is on achieving safe, accurate and effective MSK ultrasound guided intervention outcomes following clinical assessment or prior to diagnostic imaging investigations.
The small group structure ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment, utilising a mixture of didactic lecture tuition and real-time scanning techniques. High quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models, ensuring the consolidation of practical scanning skills.
The muscle belly botulinum toxin injection component is focused on the use of ultrasound guidance .
The course includes:
- Physics and instrumentation
- Ultrasound guided needle placement techniques utilising a range of phantom objects.
- Upper limb muscle belly botulinum toxin injection techniques
- Lower limb muscle belly botulinum toxin injections techniques
- Neck muscle botulinum toxin injections techniques
- Parotid and submandibular gland botulinum toxin injections
- Ultrasound guided phenol nerve blocks (musculocutaneous, obturator and tibial)
- Joint injections –sacroiliac, epidurals,paravertebtrals
Ultrasound guided needle intervention techniques for the:
- Shoulder ,Elbow ,Wrist
- Hip ,Knee Ankle
- Sacroiliac, epidurals,paravertebals
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers:As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.